Last updated on Dec. 6, 2019
The university uses tools like Google Analytics to gain a better understanding of our general audience and their use of our site. These tools will automatically collect non-personally-identifiable information such as request origin, geolocation, browser and operating system, device type and user events.
This website uses browser cookies and pixel tracking technologies to identify repeat visits as well as to track and engage visitor interests. For instance, one cookie keeps track of when you close ('X' out) UU Emergency Alerts notifications on our website. Other customization options may be added in the future to keep track of additional features.
Personal Data collected for the following purposes:
Contacting you (Personal Data: address, city, email address, first name, last name, phone number, state and ZIP/Postal code, entity-specific information)
- Admission inquiry forms
- Event registration forms
- Surveys and internal forms
Displaying content from external platforms (Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data)
- Video/Photo sharing sites
- Document publishing sites
- Link sharing services
Interaction with external social networks and platforms (Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data)
- Search engine remarketing
- Email service providers and affiliates
- Payment processors
- Online giving
Analytics (Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data)
- Google Analytics/Tag Manager/AdSense
The university uses the non-personally-identifiable information collected to help us create an engaging and relevant website.
The university uses the personal information you provide (collected via forms or emails) to fulfill your requests.
The university respects your privacy. Any and all information collected on this website will be kept strictly confidential by the university and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed or loaned. Your information will be held with the utmost care and will not be used for anything other than official university business.
The university may share personally-identifiable information with partners who are providing services on our behalf. However, our partners are not allowed to use personally-identifiable information except for the purpose of providing services on our behalf.
Sensitive information is collected and transmitted over a secure (encrypted) connection. You can verify that your information is being transmitted securely by looking for a closed lock icon in web browser near the web address, or looking for "http" at the beginning of the web address.
Some pages in this website enable you to pay for products or services online with a credit card or other electronic payment mechanism. Unless otherwise noted, these transactions are encrypted. It is our practice that confidential financial information you provide will be used only for the purposes described in that transaction, unless an additional use is specifically stated on that site.
Control Over Your Information
The university recognizes that you have some legal rights to access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our use of your personal information. To further control your information, we suggest that you follow the guidelines below to meet your desired level of security.
Limit the Information You Share
You have several options to limit the information you share with the university (and other websites). Some of these actions may cause the site to act abnormally. You can:
Limit the Information You Receive
- Emails from the university (excluding direct/individualized messages from any employee or student) should include an unsubscribe link that will allow you to manage your subscriptions. If you receive an email that doesn't allow you to unsubscribe, please forward a copy of the email to email@example.com.
- Request removal from our recruiting/admissions customer relationship management (CRM) system by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us to:
- Review your personal information that the university has on record, if any;
- Change/correct any of your personal information we have collected;
- Request us to remove any of your personal information we have collected; or
- Express any concern you have about our collection, use or maintenance of your personal information.