Skip to main content
Union University

Parents' Place

Parents' Place at Union

Parents' Place

You play a vital role in your son or daughter's education at Union. We've designed Parents' Place to give you answers to Frequently Asked Questions and links to other vital resources.

We want you, as a parent, to have a wonderful Union experience. Let us know how we can help. If you have additional questions or suggestions, please contact Bryan Carrier, Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students at or 731.661.5090

30-Day Devotional - available to Union parents at a discounted rate
Letting Go, Letting God

Use Promo Code UU20 to get 20% off at


The Student Organization Enactus offers Student Care Packages at the end of each semester. The money they raise from Student Care Packages goes directly to helping them with their sustainable projects that reach out to the entire Jackson community.

Please visit to place orders toward the end of each semester.

What Union Parents Say

Tracy Shaw

"We would encourage every parent desiring a high-quality, biblical worldview education for their child to consider Union University. Our children have grown in their walk with the Lord. They have been challenged academically, mentored, prayed for and given opportunities to serve within the campus and community."

Tracy Shaw
Mother of one current Union student and one Union graduate
Glasgow, Kentucky

Jimmy Bryan

"The admissions team at Union made our son, J, and our family feel like we really mattered. They were responsive, thorough and made the complete process simple. They made us feel like family. J knew he belonged before he even stepped foot on campus in August."

Jimmy Bryan
Union alum and father of a Union student
Lantana, Texas

FAQs for Union University Parents

How do I address a letter or package for my student?
    Student Name
    UU ____ (Insert student's mailbox number here)
    1050 Union University Dr.
    Jackson, TN 38305-3697

Warning: Do not use the words, "Post Office Box" or "P.O. Box." Any mail addressed to Union University with the words "Post Office Box" or "P.O. Box" as the delivery address will be delayed and could be returned to sender by the US Postal Service.

Can my student receive large packages and overnight deliveries through the Union Post Office?

Yes, we notify the students by email of any packages that have been delivered for them. Overnight packages sent on Friday will not be received until Monday morning.

Can I find out my student's box number by phone if I misplace it?

No, because of a privacy act, the Union Post Office cannot give out students' addresses over the phone. This is for their safety and protection. The students receive all information about their box at the beginning of each semester, so be sure to receive it from them at that time.

How can I send flowers to my student?

If you wish to have flowers delivered to your student, here is some helpful information when speaking with the florist:

  • Request delivery to arrive any time after noon.
  • If your student is a resident in the Heritage Complex, ask that the item be delivered to McAfee Commons.
  • If your student is a resident in the Quads, ask that the item be delivered to the Bowld Student Commons. When the flowers arrive at the Commons, the RA on duty will contact the student and ask the student to come to the Commons to pick up their gift.
  • For questions or recommendations for a specific florist, contact the Office of Residence Life at .
Can I buy Barefoots Joe and Modero gift cards for my student?

Yes! You may purchase gift cards at the counter in Barefoots Joe or Modero. If you are out of town and wish to purchase a card, please visit

Can I have some other creative care package ideas or ways to encourage my student?
  • Instagram, Facebook, and texts are great ways to keep in touch with your son or daughter.
  • Don't forget that a handwritten card or small gift will be welcomed during intense times in the semester.
  • Just before finals week, Enactus, a student organization, will contact parents by email and postcard with information about care packages delivered during finals
  • iTunes,, Walmart, and Target gift cards are always popular.
  • Homemade treats are loved (and often enjoyed by the entire apartment).
  • Encouragement doesn't have to cost anything. Remember to pray during important exam times.
  • Quick updates with small news from home help keep your student connected to home. Remember not to expect a response each time. We are keeping them very busy!
Jackson Campus Maps

Larger Version Printable Version
On-campus Accommodations
Local Accommodations

This is not the complete listing of hotels/motels in the Jackson area. This list represents desirable accommodations close to the Union University campus. NOTE: Union University Rates are usually only accessible by calling the local number, and may be based upon the hotel's availability.

  • Residence Inn by Marriott
    126 Old Medina Crossing
    Union University Rate: Studio King $119, 1 bedroom $139, 2 bedroom $159
    Free Breakfast
  • Hampton Inn & Suites
    150 Campbell Oaks Drive
    Union University Rate: $119 and $124 for suites
  • Hilton Garden Inn
    1324 Vann Drive

    Union University Rate: $119/night
  • SpringHill Suites by Marriott Jackson
    2407 Christmasville Cove
    Union University Rate: $119/night
    Complimentary Breakfast and Wi-Fi
  • Fairfield Inn & Suites
    1335 Vann Drive
    Union University Rate: $114 for standard kings and queen rooms; $124 for suites (Use Promo Code: 8UU on website)
    Free Breakfast
  • Doubletree Jackson
    1770 Highway 45 By-Pass S
    Union University Rate: $101 for standard guest rooms
    Full Service Restaurant
  • Comfort Inn
    40 International Cove
    Rates starting at $100
  • Country Inn & Suites
    1935 Emporium Drive
    Union University Rate: $95/night including breakfast
  • Courtyard Marriott
    200 Campbell Oaks Drive
    Ask for the University Rate
  • Howard Johnson
    1292 Vann Drive
    Union University Rate: $75
    Free Continental Breakfast
  • AllSuites Hotel
    541 Carriage House Drive

    Union University Rate: $69/night
  • Quality Inn
    535 Wiley Parker Road
    Union University Rate: $69/night
  • Comfort Suites
    61 Casey Jones Lane
    Union University Rate: 15% off best available posted rate
  • Holiday Inn Express & Suites
    55 Parkstone Place
    Union University Rate: 15% off best available rate
    Free Breakfast
How do we apply for financial aid at Union University?
  1. Complete the Application for Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarship Assistance available online.
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA form) at
What is the difference between Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans?

For the Subsidized Stafford Loan, the federal government pays the interest for the student while he or she is enrolled at least half-time. For the Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, the student is responsible for the interest even while enrolled. The unsubsidized interest can be paid on a quarterly basis, or can be capitalized (added to the principal). Principal payments are deferred while enrolled at least half-time for both types of Stafford loans.

What is a Master Promissory Note?

The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s). The required Master Promissory Note (MPN) for the Federal Direct Stafford Loan and for the Federal Direct PLUS loan is valid for up to ten years. Once an original MPN is signed with the U.S. Department of Education, a new MPN will not be required for subsequent years of attendance at Union University. The MPN may be completed at

What are the interest rates and fees on Education Loans?

The 2020-21 interest rate for Direct Subsidized and Direct Unsubsidized loans for undergraduates is fixed at 2.75% with an origination fee of 1.059%. The interest rate for Direct PLUS loans is fixed at 5.30%, with an origination fee of 4.236%. Interest rates are established each year for Direct Subsidized, Direct Unsubsidized, and Direct PLUS loans by Congress and are subject to change effective July 1 of each year for disbursements first made between July 1 and June 30 of the following year. Interest rates and fees on Alternative Loans are credit-based and vary with each lender.

How will the student be notified that they have been awarded a loan?

Students will be notified by e-mail of any awards and proposed loan amount(s) in their student portal account under Financial Aid SelfService. If the student wants to decline or reduce the loan amount, he or she should indicate such changes on the award in the portal account. Our loan specialist can be contacted by students by e-mailing

Loan amounts are subject to change. Federal Regulations do not allow a student to be over awarded beyond the cost of attendance in any academic year.

What is Entrance Counseling?

The federal government requires first time Stafford loan borrowers to complete entrance counseling before funds can be credited to the student's account to ensure that the borrower understands their rights and responsibilities. Entrance counseling may be completed at After completion of online entrance counseling, the Office of Student Financial Planning will be automatically notified.

When will the loan funds be credited to my student's account?

The loan period for the traditional undergraduate programs is usually fall through spring. Disbursements of loans will be scheduled after the last date to drop a class during the semester in which the student is enrolled provided the loan is awarded prior to the beginning of the term. The U.S. Department of Education will send notification of the anticipated disbursement dates and loan amounts to the student's home address.

The Office of Business Services will notify the student by email when the funds are credited to his or her account. Federal regulations require that this be done within three days after funds are received by Union.

If the student has an overage (credit balance) on his or her account when the loan funds come in, how and when can he or she get that money?

Students who have a credit balance on their student account as a result of loan funds will have a direct deposit issued to their checking/savings account within 14 days after the credit occurs. New students will be given instructions regarding how to set up their direct deposit information. The Business Office will send an email when the funds have been transferred to the student's bank account.

If I need to apply for a Parent PLUS loan, how do I know how much I should borrow?

You may request up to the cost of attendance minus any other aid already awarded. Visit

What if a parent is denied a PLUS loan?

The Department of Education will notify both the parent and Union of the denial. By federal law, a student may be awarded an additional Unsubsidized Loan ($4000 for a freshman or sophomore and $5,000 for a junior or senior) if the parent is denied a PLUS. Union will automatically award the additional loan after we receive notice of a PLUS denial.

When do Federal Loans have to be paid back?

Repayment of a Federal Stafford Loan begins six months after the student graduates or ceases to be at least a half-time student. Generally, repayment of Federal Direct PLUS loans begins 60 days after the second (usually spring) disbursement. However, the U.S. Department of Education is now offering more flexible repayment options and grace periods associated with the PLUS loan.

Financial Aid Website
How do I make payments on my student's account?

You can make a payment online via SelfService. We will accept ACH, bank debit cards, and credit cards. There is not a processing charge for ACH payments. However, if you choose to pay your student account by debit or credit card, there is a 2.5% processing fee, charged by the credit card processor. If you wish to register for a monthly payment plan, you can do so with Nelnet Business Solutions. The monthly payment plan is not a loan program, but rather a way to spread out payments of the balance of your tuition and other fees over the course of the semester. There are no interest or finance charges assessed, and there is no credit check. The cost to budget your interest-free monthly payment plan is $30 per semester.

When is my student's account due?

Student Account Statements will be mailed after Spring graduation in May for the fall semester and at the beginning of January for the spring semester. Notice of subsequent account summaries will be communicated via your student's email for viewing your statement of account along with the payment due date. The portion of the student account not covered by scholarships, grants, or loans is due at the end of July for the fall semester and at the end of January for the spring semester.

How does my student receive a credit balance refund?

The Direct Deposit System is the process that Union University uses for student credit balance refunds regardless of the source, including student workship refunds. The primary goal of this system is to streamline the student refund process by making it quicker and more efficient. This will allow student refunds to be deposited into the student's own bank account by EFT (electronic funds transfer) on the scheduled refund date. This will completely eliminate checks being lost or students having to travel to campus to receive their checks.

In order to achieve the maximum benefit and for the sake of consistency, we are requiring that all students enroll in Direct Deposit Banking Information. Your student should follow these instructions to set up their EFT information:

  1. Use your student's Union email address and password to sign into
  2. Select "Banking Info" to activate an account for refunds or for student employment payroll
  3. After entering all bank information, select "I agree" for terms and Click the "Submit" box
  4. Select the final "Submit" box

They need to be sure to follow the instructions carefully and complete their enrollment immediately. After they have completed the direct deposit information, they should receive account confirmation of their enrollment in their Union University student email. When their enrollment has been confirmed, approximately 7-10 days after set up, all future refunds or credit balances or workships will be sent directly to that bank account by EFT on the scheduled refund dates, and they will receive an email notification to confirm each transfer.

My student will be receiving ROTC, Vocational Rehabilitation, Army Tuition Assistance, PACT, MPACT, Florida Prepaid, Texas Tomorrow, College Illinois, or Vanderbilt funding. What do I need to do for these promised scholarships to be paid to the University?

Tina Giddens ( in Business and Financial Services will assist you with the billing of these scholarships. Please have your scholarship program send information for how payment is to be requested.

Where can my student cash a check?

Many local banks offer free checking to students. First Bank has an ATM on campus. However, Union Station is also available to cash a personal check up to $50 per day.

When will I get tax information to file for my student(s)? How may I get another copy?

A 1098-T will be sent to your student from ECSI (a third party service) with the tuition and related expenses information along with scholarships needed to file your taxes. You will receive this by the end of January. If you do not receive a 1098-T form, you may visit or call 1- and give the school code of M2 for assistance in printing a new form.

When are chapels offered?

Every Wednesday and Friday at 10 a.m. unless otherwise noted.

How many chapels is a student required to attend each year?

A student must attend at least 14 per semester. Over 20 chapels are offered each semester.

How do they get credit for attendance?

Students record their attendance by downloading and using the SpotterEdu app or by scanning their Union ID card before and after chapel.

Why does Union have chapel? What are they like?

Union is a Christian university. We come together each week as a university community to worship and glorify God, to build community among the entire university and to inform and teach concerning the areas of faith and learning. The chapel experience is the central and focal event of the university — a time when we give public expression to who we are as a community. Chapel services focus on expositional preaching, encouragement of students, and corporate worship that is faithful to the Scriptures, rooted in our heritage, and looking to the future.

Chapel Schedules
How does my student find out about local churches?

The Office of University Ministries has a list of churches that can be used as a guide in finding a home church for your child. However, the best way for your son or daughter to find out about local churches is to either speak to other students on campus or speak with someone in the Office of University Ministries. The Office of University Ministries has great relationships with the area churches and can help your child get plugged in to a local church in the Jackson community.

If my student does not have a car, is transportation provided to local churches?

Some churches provide transportation for students needing rides to church. Also, many students have cars on campus and are very willing to take others with them when they go to church.

List of Local Churches (.pdf)
Pastoral Ministry

The Office of University Ministries provides ongoing pastoral ministry for the Union community and seeks to encourage and pray for students, faculty and staff.

When are Progress Reports published and who receives them?

These are reported online only via Student Planning ( approximately six weeks into the fall and spring semesters. Your access to those online grades is through direct communication with your student.

When are Final Grade Reports published and who receives them?

They are reported to the student on Student Planning ( at the end of the semester or term.

How do I know when grades are posted?

The grade reporting calendar for the school year is available on the Academic Calendar page at This calendar indicates the day all grades are due; grades may be reported prior to the deadline but the semester's report should be completed no later than the end of that working day.

Academic Calendars
How are addresses changed?

Students may update their names, addresses, phone numbers or marital status by filling out a "biographical change" form on the portal. Separate addresses may be maintained for correspondence and billing. Non-custodial parents may be noted with a separate address, and they will receive parents' mail separately. A signed FERPA release by the student will be required for the release of confidential information to the non-custodial parent.

What is a full-time student?

A full-time student is one who is enrolled in at least 12 semester hours for credit in a fall or spring semester or at least three semester hours for credit in a January, June, or July term. Most students must maintain full-time status fall and spring semesters to be eligible for participation in their parents family medical insurance and many financial aid awards.

How do I get verification of enrollment?

Enrollment verifications may be obtained through the student clearinghouse at or by visiting Enrollment verification for student loans may be completed at Union Station.

How does my student get a Good Student Discount Form completed for auto insurance?

Until final grades are earned through Union University, the student must have the former school (high school or college) complete the report. After the student has earned final grades at Union, Union Station will complete the form provided for this purpose.

How can an official transcript be obtained?

Union University has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse so that official transcript requests are ordered on-line at There are no forms to submit. Students can track orders and receive status updates. On-line ordering is available 24/7.

  • Transcripts can be mailed for $10.00 per transcript
  • Transcripts can be sent electronically for $5.00

Transcripts are processed in the order they are received. Normal processing time is 3-5 business days and does not reflect delivery time. During peak activity times at the university (beginning or end of terms, current or new student registration, or graduation) it will take longer than normal to process a transcript. For the University calendar, visit Unofficial advising copies are available to current students through SelfService.

How can I chart my student's academic progress at Union?

Unfortunately, no staff or faculty member can discuss the grades or academic performance of a student enrolled in post-secondary course(s) regardless of age unless the student has completed a FERPA form. Only those parties specifically named on the form may receive information.

Visit for more information on the FERPA Release Form, its use, and a more detailed explanation. The exception is a conference with parents or other interested parties that is attended by the student and in which the student agrees to the discussion.

Each student will receive his/her grades through an internet account known as SelfService. This account is set up shortly after your student begins his or her first semester of enrollment at Union. Your student can log on to his or her account at home to show you the academic record. Progress Reports (mid semester) and Final Grades can be viewed in this manner as well as the complete academic record.

How Can I Chart My Student's Progress Toward Graduation?

All students can see an unofficial audit at any time by going to "My Progress" in Student Planning. After earning 72 hours, students are eligible for an official degree audit. Information about scheduling the official degree audit can be found on the registrar's page on the portal at The degree audit ensures formal communication of which degree requirements have been met for the major and minor and which requirements are outstanding. Students leave the appointment with a written audit detailing the outstanding requirements. Students are responsible for communicating with their parent(s) the details of their degree audit.

Office of the Registrar Website
Can a student earn credit by testing AFTER beginning college?

Yes, the Testing Center at Union offers the College Level Exam Program (CLEP) and DSST exams through the junior year. Testing schedules and registration are available at Course parallel information is available in the catalogue. Registration for a test does not constitute approval for its application to the student's degree program. Students should check with the Academic Center to ensure that a particular test for credit will count toward their degree. Testing should be done prior to the junior year as there are testing deadlines that affect graduation. For more information, contact Cindy Shirley, Director of Testing, at or (731) 661-5487.

What types of tests (such as the CLEP test) are available here on Union's campus?

Union University serves as a National Test Center for the American College Test (ACT), College Board (SAT), Law School Admissions Test (LSAT), the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Miller Analogies Test (MAT), and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST). For a listing of testing dates and registration information, please visit Union's testing website at

Testing Center Website
Is there academic support available to students?

Yes, the Center for Academic Success (CAS) offers a wide range of programs and resources to assist undergraduate students in their academic journeys. This free service includes both traditional and non-traditional forms of support: Supplemental Instruction (SI), Discipline/Course Specific Study Labs (SL), and On-Call Peer Tutoring (PT). The Center is located in the Penick Academic Complex (PAC-F-56) off the main hallway between the Writing Center and Union Station. The CAS is equipped with a computer study lab that hosts nine computer stations with seating for 18, six private study rooms with large tables and dry erase boards, a collaborative study area with technology and seating for 8-12, and a large open study area located conveniently off the main PAC hallway, called the Study. Additionally, the CAS administrative staff offices are located in the Center.

How can a student make an appointment?

All SI sessions and DS Study Labs times and locations are listed on the CAS website for each support service. Our On-Call Peer Tutoring appointments for select subjects are made through the Tutoring website. The CAS Study area and administrative office hours are Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

What other programs does the Center for Academic Success offer?

Along with our collaborative and individual academic resources, the Center offers various other programs to help students learn how to learn while learning what to learn.

  • Academic Counseling
  • Test Proctoring
  • Keystone
  • Undecided Freshman Advising
  • Resiliency
  • Study Skills and Time Management
Center for Academic Success Website
What kinds of opportunities are there for my son or daughter to study abroad?

Union University offers a variety of opportunities for students to participate in external study programs that enhance their academic career and provide invaluable experience for their future. These include individual travel programs through pre-approved providers, Union faculty-led programs, semester/year-long options, stateside or overseas experiences, and internships/service learning.

All students participating in external academic programs in the United States or abroad must officially notify the Center for Intercultural Studies or the faculty leader prior to beginning the registration process for the program. Failure to do so will jeopardize appropriate transfer of credits and/or applicable funding. Guidelines for study abroad are available on our website and in the External Study Student Handbook. Students can request more information by contacting Victoria Malone, Study Abroad Coordinator at or (731) 661-5491.

External Study Website
What does the Counseling Services office do?

Counseling Services supports the University mission of development of the whole person, a person of intellectual, spiritual, social, psychological, and physical dimensions. The primary goal is to assist students in successfully completing their academic programs by maintaining and enhancing their psychological, emotional and spiritual well-being through normal developmental and maturational processes.

What kinds of services are available through Counseling Services?

Among the services offered are brief, short-term individual, occasional group, and couples counseling, crisis intervention, psychoeducational workshops, outreach presentations, referrals to other university departments and community resources, and family consultations. If a student requires specialized/intensive clinical services that require meeting with a therapist beyond one semester, or meeting more than once every other week, we recommend receiving care by a specialist in town. The Counseling Services Director is able to assist with a referral for longer term or specialist services in the community if needed.

Students having academic problems can find help for test anxiety. All services are provided in an environment that supports individual and cultural differences.

Who staffs the Counseling office?

The Director of Counseling Services and counseling staff are available to assist students with personal counseling, arrange referrals as needed, and consult with faculty and staff.

Who is eligible for counseling services?

Any student enrolled in full-time undergraduate or graduate classes at Union University is eligible for on-campus counseling services at no charge.

How can my student begin counseling?

Typically, students can get an appointment convenient to their schedule within one or two weeks. Students may request an appointment on the Counseling Services website, or a student may stop in or call the Health Clinic at (731) 661-5284 or e-mail to make an appointment with a counselor.

What are the hours and location of the Counseling Center?

The counselors are available for appointments during business hours (from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.). The offices are on the F hall in the PAC and may be accessed through the Health and Counseling waiting rooms in that location. Once an appointment is set with a counselor, detailed directions to the Health and Counseling waiting rooms will be provided.

Is there a limit to the services provided?

Services provided through the Counseling Center are generally of a short-term nature. Some psychological needs require more specialized, intensive, or longer-term assistance than the Center is designed to provide. In such situations the Center may assist with assessment, referrals, or consultations as needed.

What are some of the common problems that students bring to counseling?

Most students who take advantage of this service are interested in their own personal growth and adjustment to the world around them. All students face normal developmental concerns and academic pressures, and, at times, they may feel anxious, lonely, confused, depressed, or angry. Counselors help them explore alternative strategies for coping and dealing with their world. Typical problems may include:

  • stress/anxiety
  • relationship issues — significant other, family, roommate, friends
  • academic problems — study skills, test anxiety, time management
  • sexual issues — assault, abuse
  • personality problems
  • disordered eating
  • sleep problems
  • stress — too much to do — procrastination — time management
  • long-term goals
  • depression — thoughts of suicide
  • abuse issues
  • concerns about a friend or other person
  • feeling isolated or lonely
  • coping with loss of a friend or relative
  • lack of confidence and self-esteem
Is there a fee for counseling services?

Sessions with a counselor are free of charge to all currently enrolled students.

What about confidentiality?

All information discussed in the counseling session, including the fact of contact itself, is confidential and is released only with written consent of the student. Exceptions to confidentiality (potential harm to client or another person or child abuse issues, reports of which are mandated by law) will be explained by the counselor. Confidentiality ensures that records of your counseling sessions do not go on your academic record, and information will not be disclosed to other offices, individuals, or organizations without your permission.

Are the services available to family members of students?

If, for example, a married student is having marital problems, the student and a non-student spouse may be seen as a couple by Counseling Services; however, a non-student spouse would not be eligible for services to deal with his or her personal concerns. The same would be true for family members. If a student has issues that could benefit from having parents or other family members participate in the session, this may also be arranged, or the counselor will consult about a referral if that is preferred.

Counseling Services' Website
Are there any services available for students with disabilities?

The Office of Disability Services (ODS) offers support for students with disabilities, special needs, and unique learning differences. Any questions concerning disability issues should be directed to the Director for Disability Services at (731) 661-6520 or Be sure to read through the Student & Parent FAQ on the Disability Services website.

What assistance is available for students with disabilities? What is the process for getting help?

ODS provides support for students with disabilities through assessing appropriate academic accommodations, addressing physical barriers on campus, and providing one-on-one academic coaching (time management, study skills, test-taking skills, etc.). Students must provide appropriate documentation of a specific disability. Guidelines for this documentation can be found on the ODS website. ODS can provide referrals for testing if the student does not currently have documentation. In addition to providing disability documentation, the student will need to fill out an application for services. An online form or a printable copy are both available on the ODS website. Finally, the director may ask for a face-to-face meeting with the student to discuss the requested accommodations and explain the process of working with professors to implement accommodations. More information can be found on the ODS website.

What assistance is available for students with food allergies or Celiac disease?

ODS coordinates with Dining Services to address meal plan accommodations for students with severe food allergies or medical conditions that severely affect a student's ability to participate in the standard meal plan. More information about the process to request these accommodations can be found in the ODS Policies and Procedures.

How do I contact the Office for Disability Services with specific questions?

The Director for Disability Services welcomes any questions parents may have about students transitioning to college and the ODS policies and procedures. Due to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), specific academic information about a student may be restricted unless the student has filed a FERPA release with the Union University Academic Center or has submitted a release of information to ODS. Any questions should be directed to ODS at (731) 661-6520, by email at, or through the ODS website.

Disability Services website
If my student gets sick, what medical services are available on campus?

The University Health Clinic is staffed by a fulltime Family Nurse Practitioner and a Clinic Assistant. Patients are assessed and treated for acute and chronic illnesses and minor injuries, or referred by the Family Nurse Practitioner for more specialized care when necessary. Our Clinic Assistant and Health Records Coordinator can answer your immunization and healthcare related questions. The University Health Clinic is open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm when classes are in session. The clinic lunch hour is noon to 1 pm daily. Most of our care is provided by appointment, but we do our best to accommodate walk-in's as time permits. Appointments may be made by emailing, phoning (731) 661-5284, or stopping by in person. Additional information is available on our web site.

Where should a student seek medical help if he/she is injured or gets sick at night or on the weekend?

The Residence Director should always be notified if a student is seriously ill or injured. The Director can then help the student decide where to seek medical attention. There are several walk-in medical clinics and two hospitals in Jackson.

One walk-in clinic is within walking distance of the University, and one of the hospitals is less than a mile from campus. Before your student comes to Union University, it is important that you discuss your insurance benefits with them. This is essential in case of referrals to outside agencies for health care. We recommend that your student carries a copy of your medical insurance card at all times.

Is a student charged for a visit to Health Services?

At this time, there is no charge for an office visit to the University Health Clinic. Over-the-counter medications that are dispensed by the clinic are also free. There is a nominal fee for lab tests, immunizations, prescription medications prescribed and dispensed from the clinic, and certain other services/procedures. The list of services and fees can be found on the clinic website. We do not bill health insurance, but we can provide you with a receipt of service if you would like to personally file a claim with your insurance company. Fees for any services received at off-campus medical facilities are the responsibility of the student.

Do you give allergy shots?

Yes. We will administer allergy shots as prescribed by your allergist. There is a nominal fee for this service. The student is expected to bring his or her Epi Pen to each allergy injection appointment.

Does Union offer health insurance?

No, Union University does not endorse any one insurance plan at this time. At present, the Affordable Care Act mandates that everyone carry insurance or face a penalty tax. If you do not have government-approved health insurance, Health Services recommends you look to to find a plan you deem affordable and useful for you.

Health Services Website
What may my student bring to campus?

The apartments are fully equipped with furniture. Students may bring a computer, TV, DVD player, stereo, ironing board, all bed accessories for an XL twin bed (linens, mattress cover, pillow, and blanket/comforter), towels, cleaning supplies/laundry supplies, small first aid kit, flashlight, weather radio, wastebasket, shower curtain, broom, vacuum cleaner, mop, and other personal items. In the Heritage Residence Complex, students will need to bring a microwave if they so choose. Mini-blinds are provided in each room; however if students desire to hang curtains, they may do so by using a tension rod (no brackets). Also, only size #4 nails are approved to secure items (pictures, posters, etc.) to the walls. For more information including room and window dimensions, please visit the residence life web site or visit the link below.

A full "What to bring" list Residence Life Website

What should my student NOT bring to campus?

For fire safety reasons, students may NOT BRING candles, incense burners, halogen lamps, deep fryers or hot plates. Pet fish are allowed in tanks no larger than 10 gallons. No other pets of any kind are permitted. Also, students may not bring paintball guns, airsoft guns, sling shots, fireworks, alcohol, tobacco (in any form), or immodest clothing.

Should we purchase Renter's Insurance for my student's personal belongings while they are at college?

Union University's property insurance will NOT cover loss, damage, or theft of student's personal property. Since this generation of students is bringing more expensive items to college (computers, tablets, etc.), Union strongly recommends obtaining Renter's Insurance or checking with your family's Homeowners Insurance to see if it will cover students' property while away at college.

In case of an emergency, whom should the student contact?

Residents should contact the Residence Director on-duty (731) 298-7768, a Resident Staff Advisor, or a Resident Advisor in case of an emergency. The Residence Life staff is trained to handle all types of emergencies. In addition to the Residence Life staff, security officers are also on duty 24 hours a day to assist students (731) 394-2922. If it is a life threatening emergency, the student should first call 911 (9-911 if calling from on-campus phones) and then call the RD on duty and Security.

What are Union's community values, values violation sanctions, and community responsibilities?

Union desires to help students integrate their faith with their daily lives. The five scripturally-based Community Values that ALL Union students, faculty, staff, and administration are expected to uphold are:

  1. Worth of the Individual
  2. Self-Discipline
  3. Academic and Personal Integrity
  4. Respect for Property and the Environment
  5. Respect for Community Authority

If someone violates a Community Value, different levels of redemptive discipline are implemented to bring restoration to themselves and the Union community. Examples of sanctions include one or a combination of the following: reprimand, community service, written reflective paper, fine, restitution, counseling, parental notification, loss of privilege, Residence Life probation or suspension, University probation or suspension, or expulsion. In addition to upholding the Union University community values, all students have the responsibility to confront and/or report to the appropriate Union staff any behavior from fellow students that violates our community values.

The Campus Life Handbook gives further details on these Values/Sanctions/Responsibilities which are created to ensure a fun and safe Christ-centered living/learning environment in a community of respect.

Do all resident students have a curfew?

Yes. Curfew is 2 a.m. However, for the first week, Friday (move-in day) through the following Thursday night, freshmen have a "Freshmen Curfew" at 11 p.m. Freshmen curfew serves to assist freshmen in establishing time management, productive study habits, getting to know their roommates, getting adequate sleep, and adjusting to college life and apartment living. The Commons closes at 1 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights and at 2 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights. At 11 p.m. each night, the Welcome House is staffed, and the gate "arm" is put down. Each car entering resident parking must show a current resident parking sticker to enter. After curfew every vehicle entering will be stopped, and all occupants will be asked for a current Union ID.

How is the housing arranged?

Residence Life is uniquely arranged in apartment-style housing featuring a private bedroom with filtered computer access for each individual student. The three Residence Directors make housing assignments for incoming students based on the date the student's housing deposit was received along with the information submitted by students on their online Residence Life Application. Heritage Residence Complex has a Commons (lobby area) with vending machines, a full kitchen, printer, meeting/study room, and a large social area for students to watch TV, play games, and visit with other students or guests. The Bowld Commons building, completed in February 2010, does not have laundry facilities because there is a washer/dryer unit in each Quads apartment. The University has scheduled "Open Visitation Hours" when students may visit students of the opposite gender. Open Visitation hours are Tuesday and Thursday: 4-9 p.m. (for those in the upperclassmen Quad buildings), Friday and Saturday: 2 p.m. – 12 a.m. and Sunday 12–9 p.m.

May my student live off campus?

Union University recognizes the experience of residential living as a valuable part of students' education by providing opportunities to integrate their faith with their daily living, develop servant leadership abilities, and build lifelong friendships. Therefore, Union has chosen to be a residential university requiring all unmarried, full-time, undergraduate students to live on campus. Students desiring to live off campus must first fill out an Off-Campus Application available electronically from the Residence Life office. They must meet one of the following qualifications:

  • They will have earned at least 96 credits by the first day of the academic year for which they are requesting;
  • They will be at least 22 years of age by the first day of the academic year for which they are requesting;
  • They will be living at home (within a 40-mile radius of Union) with their parents and commuting to school. (Parent's signature is required on the Off-Campus Request form); or
  • They are a part-time student (<12 hours).

Any student who moves off campus without an approved request from the Director of Residence Life or Appeals Committee will be charged a housing fee equal to the rate of a Heritage apartment each semester he/she does not honor the university housing policy.

Is internet access provided? May my student bring a computer?

Union provides wireless internet access in all buildings with free, filtered internet access. Students are encouraged to bring computers to use for completing class assignments. Computer labs are also available on campus and in both Commons. (See for details.)

Can students stay on campus during school holidays and breaks?

Students may stay on campus during Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, and Spring Break without charge, but they must sign up ahead of time. Students may also stay on campus between semesters (i.e. Christmas Break,) however, there is a $20 per night charge, and they must complete an application online. Students who are not on campus during the January term may leave their belongings in the room that they will be living in during the upcoming spring semester. Students not living on campus during the summer terms must take their belongings home or find off-campus storage as our campus is used for summer conferences and camps.

Is on-campus housing offered during the January and summer terms?

Yes, students are encouraged to live on campus during January and summer terms. In fact, if residential students are enrolled in classes during January, there is no charge for January housing! Additionally, students may live on campus during January term and during the summer without taking classes. They will be charged the standard housing rates; however, they are not required to purchase a meal plan. Students living on campus and enrolled in classes must purchase a meal plan.

Can I come and visit my student in their apartment?

Definitely. Parents are welcome to visit their son or daughter on campus. If you are a dad visiting your daughter or a mom visiting your son, please have your student check in with his or her Resident Advisor prior to your visit if your visit is not during our scheduled open visitation hours.

What types of security measures are taken to create a safe environment for my student?

Union University employs a full staff of trained safety and security officers, both armed and unarmed. Officers patrol and monitor campus 24 hours a day. Each residential area is staffed by trained student staff (Resident Advisors) and professional staff (Residence Directors). The campus entrances close at 11:30 p.m. and all traffic must enter through the Walker Road entrance where entering vehicles must present identification and show proof of campus residence or status as a registered guest.

How do I contact Safety and Security?

The Office of Safety and Security can be contacted Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at or 24/7 on the officer cell phone at . Students are encouraged to put the 24 hour number into their cell phones.

Does Union have a text messaging alert system?

Yes! Students and parents can sign up free of charge. Please visit for details.

What types of parking regulations are in effect to maintain order and safety?

Every individual who maintains or operates a motor vehicle on the Union University campus must register each vehicle with the Office of Safety and Security at the beginning of each academic year. They will be issued a permit that must be affixed directly to the glass on the outside rear window on the driver's side in the bottom corner.

Safety & Security Website
What is Union University's Missing Persons policy?

Missing Person's Act

In compliance with the Clery Act, Union University's missing person policy states: If a member of the Union University community has reason to believe that a student who resides in on-campus housing is missing, he or she should immediately notify Union Safety and Security. Upon receiving a missing person's report, it is Union's policy to notify the Jackson Police Department. All students are required to provide emergency contact information prior to enrolling for classes each semester. Union University will notify a student's emergency contact no later than 24 hours after the student is determined to be missing. A student's emergency contact information will be accessible only by authorized campus officials and law enforcement.

It is very rare that Union receives a missing person's report. However, we are required by law to publish this policy.

*For additional parking policies and/or security information please visit the Safety and Security website or stop by the office between the hours of 8:00 - 4:30.

How can my student get involved on campus?

We host over 95 student organizations and clubs on campus. From the Student Activities Council to departmental societies to Greek organizations, there are many ways for your student to plug-in. The easiest way for students to find out about these groups is to ask current members about their organization, attend the Campus Life Fair on Sunday afternoon during Welcome Week, or visit

What about Student Government? Can my student run for office?

While there are officers for the sophomore, junior and senior classes, the freshman class is represented by the Freshman Council. Around 20 freshmen are chosen by an application and interview process each fall semester to serve on the Freshman Council. The Freshman Council functions as class officers would and coordinates opportunities for service and involvement for the entire class. Additionally, each member of the Freshman Council learns more about student government and the legislative process. For more information on Freshman Council please contact Lindsey Weaver, Assistant Director for Student Leadership and Engagement at (731) 661-5244 or

How can my student know about all of the organizations offered?

During Welcome Week, there will be a Campus Life Fair where each student can learn more about most campus organizations. Likewise, all of our student organizations are listed on the university web page, and in the Campus Life Handbook. Your student may also contact a Student Government Officer in the SGA office at (731) 661-5032 or or contact Bo Mantooth, Director for Student Leadership and Engagement, at (731) 661-5094 or for more information.

So, when is Welcome Week?

Each fall, prior to the beginning of classes, all new students attend a four day orientation program called Welcome Week, which begins the Friday new residential students move onto campus. This time is designed to prepare the new students, both residential and commuter, for life at Union University. Students attend sessions that introduce them to our academic learning community and campus involvement opportunities. In addition, students will have the chance to meet other new students as well as upperclassmen leaders. Parents are invited to stay through the Thursday evening worship service on the first evening of Welcome Week, but after that service, the events that are scheduled are only for new students. You will receive more information regarding this part of campus life during the summer prior to your student's first year at Union.

What leadership programs are offered for my student?

The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement provides numerous leadership opportunities including New Student Orientation, Welcome Week, Greek Life, Student Government Association, Freshmen Council, Student Activities Council, Homecoming, Tennessee Intercollegiate State Legislature, Student Organizations, and more. This office helps facilitate student involvement in campus life through a variety of programs, workshops, and leadership development opportunities. The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement also assists students in forming new student organizations in order to further develop and enhance students' leadership potential.

There seems to be a lot of choices for my student to get involved. However, what if he or she tries to do too much too quickly?

This is always a valid concern for parents and students alike. We encourage students to survey all of their options and make wise choices. There is no need for a student to try to do everything in their first semester. Many students use their first semester and even their first year to learn more about various organizations and choose where they can best serve beginning that next semester or year. On the other hand, it is also not advisable to be a spectator for the first year. We advise students to consider involvement in at least two organizations, focusing on depth of involvement rather than breadth of involvement.

Student Leadership & Engagement Website
Does Union have Greek organizations?

Yes. We are proud of the respective heritages of each of our Greek organizations, and, further, we are proud to be one of the few universities to feature national and international Greek organizations within a campus that is unapologetically Christ-centered. On campus, we have six fraternities and sororities, three for men (Alpha Tau Omega, Lambda Chi Alpha, and Sigma Alpha Epsilon) and three for women (Chi Omega, Kappa Delta, and Zeta Tau Alpha).

Greek formal recruitment is held early in the fall semester. This is the time when students can learn more about each group and decide if Greek Life is a good fit for them. Our Greek students are commonly involved in many organizations across campus.

How is the Greek system at Union different from secular schools?

Union's goal is to produce Christian men and women who view life through the lens of Scripture and act according to God-given wisdom and integrity. Greek life at Union seeks to support the University in reaching this goal by developing men and women of integrity. A number of colleges and universities maintain a passionate dedication to Christian education. Many more feature active Greek organizations that are important to campus life and culture. Union University is a member of the smallest group of schools that has found a way to maintain a Greek system within an educational context that is unashamedly Christ-centered.

Does my student need to go through Recruitment his or her first year?

Not necessarily. There are students who decide to join during their sophomore, junior, or even senior year. It is also important to know that if your student does decide to go through the recruitment process, it does not necessarily mean that he or she must join. Since recruitment is at the beginning of the school year, many students simply see it as a way to meet people without having any intentions of joining any of the groups.

If my student is not in a Greek organization, can he or she still be involved on campus?

Definitely! Union has more than 95 organizations and clubs students can join. During Welcome Week, there will be a Campus Life Fair for your student to learn more about each organization. Approximately one-third of our full-time undergraduates are Greek. While Greek organizations do provide an avenue for meeting people and getting involved on campus, there are many other opportunities to be involved as well.

What other types of events or activities can my student take part in outside of class or on the weekends?

Students are strongly encouraged to remain on campus through the weekends for the first 40 days. Research suggests this enables students to make connections on campus that lead to increased campus satisfaction. In addition to activities provided by the over 90 campus organizations, Union provides many other opportunities for involvement outside the classroom. A listing of events can be found at

The Department of Campus Recreation offers intramural and wellness programming to students every fall and spring. It is the goal of the Campus Recreation Department to develop teamwork, leadership, sportsmanship, and relationships within a Christian environment. Every event is designed to help individuals grow socially, physically, mentally, and spiritually in competitive recreational activities.

The Student Activities Council hosts monthly events and campus traditions such as Midnight Movies, Variety Show, SAC Fest, Carl Perkins Christmas Party, Movies on the Lawn, Be Our Guest, and more.

Barefoots Joe, campus coffeehouse and venue, hosts monthly concerts, open mics, and films and discussions. We strive to foster campus community by offering events that create shared experiences as well as events that promote reflection and thoughtfulness in regards to creativity, media, and culture. These events are little to no cost for students.

In addition, Residence Life hosts monthly building activities and regular larger Residence Life events. The Office of University Ministries provides Bible studies, discipleship opportunities, as well as opportunities to connect with a local nonprofit through regular service. Many local churches provide strong programs for our college students, with opportunities for discipleship and service throughout the week.

Are activities planned during classes offered over the holidays and J-terms (January, June/July)?

YES! The Office of Student Life works hard to provide quality and affordable opportunities for students who are attending classes over traditional break times. Depending on the season, we will offer activities such as: cookouts at residence complexes, Union nights at favorite Jackson area restaurants, coffeehouse with local artists, and other unique programming. There is also a popular winter league basketball tournament for two weeks during 'J-term'.

Are the activities chaperoned?

Yes. All official University activities are staffed by a Union faculty/staff member depending on the size and type of event. All drivers have been approved by the Office of Safety and Security to drive Union's minivans for off-campus events.

How does my student get involved?

Union students have the ability to be involved in many different organizations at the same time, providing excellent team building, interdependence, and leadership opportunities for your student. Students may sign up and learn about all campus organizations upon arrival to campus in late August. The Student Activities Council (also referred to as SAC) is comprised of 30-35 students who plan on and off campus events for students. Each year, SAC elects new members in late September. Interested students may complete an application or contact the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement.

How can my student get help choosing a major?

One of our primary goals is to help your student discover his or her calling and the unique set of gifts, passions, and experiences God has given us. The Vocatio Center, along with the Center for Academic Success, offers support and assistance for students as they explore majors and career paths. The Vocatio Center offers the Myers-Briggs (MBTI) and Strong Interest Inventory (SII) assessments to help students learn about their wiring, skills, interests, and values. We also offer one-on-one career counseling, and can connect your student with experiential or mentorship opportunities in his or her field of interest.

The Center for Academic Success (CAS) works specifically with freshman undecided majors as they discover and define their interests, and chart out a successful college experience.

Are there part-time jobs/internships available for my student? In my student's major?

Students can apply for both on- and off-campus opportunities through UUConnect, the Vocatio Center's employment opportunity and career management platform. Students can access UUConnect using their Union credentials as early as seven days after they register for classes. Internships for academic credit are handled through the academic departments and are usually completed after the sophomore year. The Vocatio Center can assist students who wish to find a non-academic credit internship (paid or volunteer) or other employment opportunities.

Multiple career engagement opportunities, from workshops and career/internship fairs to networking events and on-campus interviews, are also offered throughout the year. Follow the Vocatio Center on Facebook and Instagram to learn about upcoming events and opportunities, and schedule an appointment on UUConnect today to learn how to prepare for career and networking events.

My student qualifies for Federal Work Study (FWS). How can he or she get a FWS job?

The Servant Leadership Program (SLP) encompasses our on-campus student employment, funded through the Federal Work Study program and Union University Workship. The Vocatio Center is a student's primary point of contact during the hiring and onboarding process for any on-campus jobs. To apply for a job, your student must complete a FAFSA each year, and submit a resume on UUConnect. If hired for an on-campus job, your student must present his or her original, authentic document(s) for I-9 verification (this step is required by law; options include documents such as a passport, social security card, or birth certificate). No photocopies or scanned images are accepted. You can find out more about SLP by viewing the SLP Handbook, or contact Stephanie Hawley at 731.661.5302 or

What career preparation services do you provide?

We prepare students for success and help them respond to their calling through resume and cover letter assistance, interview preparation, job search strategies, and grad school preparation. We also help connect students to individuals in their desired fields, and prepare them for careers through mentorship, internship, and job shadowing opportunities.

Can you help my student find a job after graduation?

Our goal is for students to walk across the graduation stage with a diploma in one hand and a job offer or graduate school acceptance in the other. We offer two career fairs each spring and are always looking to bring employers to campus to meet with students. We encourage freshmen to start this journey of career preparation during their freshmen year and to view it as a four year journey, but we will work with students as well as alumni no matter what stage they are in. Students are encouraged to make an appointment with the Vocatio Center at for assistance preparing job application materials, for interview tips and practice, job search strategies, and more!

Vocatio Center Website

What is my student's first step to access University resources?
  • As soon as your student is accepted to Union, an email message from will arrive with the student's UU account name, email address, temporary password and ID number. Follow the Get Started steps to change the temporary password and to get access to numerous Union services.
  • To emphasize security, remind your student not to share any password.
  • Once your student has completed the password/security setup steps, review the SuccessStart page as well as resources/services for Students, all on
  • It's a good idea for your student to connect mobile devices to Union email. Learn how to do it for Android and Apple iOS on the SuccessStart page.
What does SelfService provide my student? provides your student personalized resources:

  • Review financial aid, view billing, make payments, and set up banking information for refunds/reimbursements.
  • Sign the FERPA agreement to release academic information to others.
  • Update contact information and emergency-contact information.
  • Use the course catalog to create a future-term course plan. Register during the approved time period.
  • See holds (e.g., pending bill payment) that prevent taking final exams.
  • View mid-term and final grades, the current GPA, and the unofficial transcript.
  • Monitor balances for the meal plan and chapel attendance.
  • When graduation is in sight, apply online.
How do we get the University's mobile app?
  • Get the University's official app by searching for 'union university' in the Android or Apple app stores.
  • Everyone can download it to their mobile devicesor access it online at
  • Get public content including events, news, maps, directories and social media.
  • Students can get course information, register for classes, check chapel balances, pay bills and more. (These require the student to sign in.)
Where do we get answers to other commonly asked technology questions?

Visit for questions like these.

  • Where can I get software (discounted or free)?
  • Where can I get discounted equipment?
  • Where are general-use labs and when are they open?
  • What printing services are available?
  • What technology policies apply to students?
  • What's included in the complete set of technology services for students?
Information Technology's Website
How does my son or daughter find a way home for the holidays?
  • "Union Ride Board" on Facebook
    Union University encourages students to use the "Union Ride Board" group on Facebook for "one stop shopping" to find transportation during weekends or breaks. Students can post their travel destinations and see if someone could join them in order to split the cost of gasoline. We have also found this to be a very good way for students to find a way to get to and from the airports. After logging into Facebook, type "Union Ride Board" into the search bar.
  • McKellar-Sipes Regional Airport (airport code MKL)
    McKellar-Sipes Regional airport here in Jackson, (about an easy 10-minute drive from the UU campus), offers flights from Jackson to St. Louis and Atlanta. To check out current rates or to schedule a flight, go to At this time, the University does not provide transportation to the McKellar-Sipes airport.
  • Memphis International Airport (airport code MEM)
    The Memphis International Airport is 86 miles from campus and usually about a 90-minute drive. Students are encouraged to utilize the "Union Ride Board" group on Facebook to see who else might be traveling on the same day. The Office of Residence Life here at Union can arrange transportation to the Memphis airport for a cost of $75.00 per ride. (If more than one person needs a ride, they can split that cost.) Reservations are required one week in advance. Contact or (731) 661-5432. Airlines currently serving MEM are: Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United, and Vacation Express.
  • Nashville International Airport (airport code BNA)
    The Nashville Airport is 138 miles from campus. The University does not arrange transportation to the Nashville airport, however, offering gas money to someone already headed to Nashville works wonders! Students are encouraged to utilize the "Union Ride Board" group on Facebook to see who else might be headed to Nashville on the same day. Airlines serving BNA include Allegiant, American Airlines, Delta, Southwest, and United. View a Complete List
  • Taxi Service
    Affordable Taxi Service is a local company here in Jackson that provides a discount to Union students and employees. At least one passenger in a group must show a Union ID to receive any discount on services. Affordable Taxi Service can provide transportation to both the Memphis and Nashville airports as well as the Amtrak station in Newbern. If there are three or fewer people needing a ride to the airport, students can split the cost of the cab. If there are more than three people, the company will use the "bus," and the students can once again split the cost. For up to date information and prices, call (731) 423-8294 or visit They are available 24/7 and encourage advance notice if possible.
Special Notes:

Students may contact the Office of Residence Life ( or (731) 661-5432) and request a list of other current students who are from their state. The list can prove helpful in connecting students with transportation home.

The City of Jackson does not provide taxi or shuttle service to the airports.

How can I make sure that my child's name will be sent to our hometown paper when he/she makes the Dean's List or President's List?

At the end of the fall and spring semesters, personalized press releases are sent out for undergraduate students who achieve a 3.5 GPA or higher (Dean's) or a 4.0 GPA (President's) as based on the list determined by the Academic Center. Releases are sent to the closest daily and weekly newspapers in conjunction with the student's hometown zip code.

My child made the Dean's List, but it was printed in the wrong newspaper. How can I correct this?

Please call the Office of University Communications at (731) 661-5215, and we will do our best to help you.

How are graduation announcements handled?

Graduation announcements are sent to the hometown newspapers of all graduates based on their home zip codes. Graduates will also receive a personalized news release via e-mail that they are free to use as they see fit.

How can I, as a parent, find out what's going on at Union?

The Office of University Communications offers several ways that parents, friends, and other family members can stay in touch with the events and activities happening at Union University.

Visit our university's website, 24 hours a day, to see all of the latest news and happenings on campus -, for campus news, or for a calendar of events. You may sign up for Union's monthly email, Union Life. Also, parents can sign up for UU This Week, Union's community announcement email. You may remove your email address at any time by simply scrolling to the end of the email and clicking on the "opt out" button. If you have questions, please contact Tina Netland in the Office of the Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students at (731) 661-5090 or

Sign up for UU This Week